World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Academy W

A forum where Hetalia fans can join together to rp their favorite nations in an AU, high school setting. Loosely based on the Gakuen Hetalia game.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAffiliate: FF
------------- Welcome to World Academy W, the academy of ambiguous location where all your dreams will come true~! Or perhaps none of them. It really depends how lucky you are. -------------
Make sure you check The Noticeboard for news about Cultural Day!

Extra economical class[Louisa]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michel Servaz

Michel Servaz

Extra economical class[Louisa] Empty
PostSubject: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Michel's students were, overall, good in his subject, nice and quiet during the lessons. However he was getting slightly worried about one of his students.
Louisa, despite being a really nice young lady, was having trouble. her grades weren't all that great, and since it didn't seem like it was going to get better, he had requested she came for extra lessons.
He couldn't let her retake the year because she couldn't understand his subject.
He sat down at a student's desk after moving it so it faced another one, and got his papers and pens out.
He was ready for that tutoring session. Hopefully it would help her, she seemed to be a nice girl, she deserved the extra help.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

Birthday : 1992-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:54 pm

It would be an understatement if Louisa said she was sad - she didn't like having low grades at all, especially since her president, who is financing her education, would request for her grades as soon as she received them. She could say she was slightly depressed; this was the one subject she can not have good marks in, despite all her studying.

She was lucky enough to have a kind teacher who was willing to help her become better, though, so her dark mood was lifted a little by knowing that she still had the chance to cope up. Arriving in the classroom, she saw her teacher, Sir Michel, who was already prepared for the extra lessons, and gave him a sincere smile. "Good day, Sir," she greeted him and bowed her head, just as she was taught in her country, as a sign of respect, before she walked to him and sat down on the desk in front of him.

Louisa was quiet as she took out her notebook and pen, telling herself that she needed to be serious. This was her only chance to improve, and she would not spoil both hers and her teacher's efforts. Breathing deeply and shifting to a more comfortable position, she laid her hands on the desk and looked silently at her teacher, waiting for him to start.
Back to top Go down
Michel Servaz

Michel Servaz

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:25 pm

He gave her a little smile as she bowed her head, still slightly put out by that habit. He still had to get used to some really... weird things, to him anyway.
She looked really serious and tense. That pressured him slightly, even if it was a good sign; she was willing to get better, and he would do everything he could so she did.

He let her take her things out and gave her another little smile.
"So. First of all, I'd like to know if there is any specific point in my lessons you didn't get and would like to study. If you have any questions you couldn't ask in class, feel free to ask them now."

It would go fine, probably.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:54 pm

She relaxed a little as she shifted to an even more comfortable position - he wasn't intimidating at all, unlike her professors in her previous school - and sighed. If she was to tell him the truth, her answer would most likely be "Everything," but she tried to find for her lowest point in his class. "I'm having trouble with many topics, sir, but what I really can't understand is the production-possibility frontier," she said with a low, yet still tense, voice.

She was still embarrassed about having to take extra lessons, but she had to take this to redeem herself. She kept her head low, watching the paper and distracting herself with staring at the pen, as she avoided seeing his face - she hated seeing disappointed faces, and she was not ready to see one on her teacher.
Back to top Go down
Michel Servaz

Michel Servaz

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:23 am

Michel looked at her as she got comfortable, glad she would at least be seated nicely during their lesson. If she was sitting in a position that didn't suit her from the start, she could be disctracted while he explained an important point...

"The producion-possibility frontier...?" Okay, that wasn't the easiest thing ever but it wasn't that hard... He thought a little about how to explain it. He took his lesson on that, ready to try finding an easier way to explain.

He then noticed she seemed fascinated with her pen... He couldn't really let her be distracted, plus it was more polite to look at the person who's talking... And he preferred to make sure he could notice if she didn't get something. Which was why he was currently waving a little at her to regain her attention.
Once he would be sure she was really listening he would start explaining.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:02 pm

She bit her lower lip when her teacher spoke - she knew it wasn't supposed to be hard for her, but she was always, ALWAYS distracted in class. Her frequent tardiness might be a factor too, but she tries to make up by studying late every night. Apparently, it wasn't enough to pull her grades up, and now so many of her inner demons were prodding at her with different thoughts - that she should leave, or give up on the class, and more.

Louisa was struck out of her mild trance as she noticed Sir Michel wave his hand at her, surprising her a little. She blinked hastily and sat up straight, nodding at her teacher to tell him that she was ready, too. "Y-yes sir, the Production-Possibility Frontier."

Her eyes threatened to focus on her pen again when she forced them too look at her teacher's chin, avoiding his eyes as respect for her elders. "I was late when you discussed that, and even after reading the books I still don't understand it at all," she said with a mild discomfort.
Back to top Go down
Michel Servaz

Michel Servaz

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:22 am

Good, she was now listening. But she didn't look as comfortable as before... Well, he might as well start his explanation, maybe would she relax a little when she'll notice it was just to help her, not a traditional lesson... he smiled gently at her to make her feel a bit more comfortable.
"You're never too late, it's fine."

He then started his explanation, trying to make it simple.

"Okay then... Well, we'll try to put it simply by using an example. Let's say you... Have a field. We're studying the economy of that field. You can only produce two things in that field, let's say carrots and starwberries. You only have a limited amount of seeds for both. You're still following me?"

He hoped his example would work better. It was maybe a bit weird but if it helped...

(Sorry if it's actually not that. That's what I understood by stalking wikipedia and other Economical lessons on the net xD)
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:32 pm

She nodded, trying to imagine his words in her head. "Carrots and strawberries are the only products in that field, and there is a limit to how much we could plant, of course," she said with a relaxed smile.

"Then? What happens next, sir?" She says with a happier tone as she momentarily ignored her discomfort. She desperately wanted to learn, and this was the only way she could improve. So far, Sir Michel wasn't scary at all and didn't raise an eyebrow at her inability to "predict" an answer, unlike her previous teachers.

She shifted in her seat once again and drew a strawberry and a carrot on the paper she brought and waited for her teacher to continue.
Back to top Go down
Michel Servaz

Michel Servaz

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:47 pm

He was glad his explanation so far seemed to be well accepted. She could have laughed at him for his stupid example or simply been a good teenager and be sarcastic, but it wasn't the case, she only seemed a bit happier, which was a good sign.

"Okay so, let's say we're studying that field's economy on a period of time of one year. The production possibility frontier is here to show us the differents rates of production of those two products, the strawberries and carrots."

He hoped introducing a more difficult word wouldn't make it too hard again.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:52 pm

She pondered on his words for a moment and nodded. "Ah, so that's what it means...Since there's a limited space and a given amount of time, production should vary yet not go beyond the limit, right?"

She wasn't really sure if what she said was correct, yet she tried answering him anyway to at least engrave the lesson in her head. Somehow, she was able to concentrate better on the lesson, and her teacher used very simple terms for her, unlike their usual discussions with very technical jargon. She looked at the strawberry she drew on her paper again and scribbled it off with her pen, making sure to make it look like a bunch of ink instead of a doodle. Still the slightest bit nervous about making a mistake, she nibbled on the blunt end of her pen, a habit she never noticed she had.
Back to top Go down
Michel Servaz

Michel Servaz

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:27 pm

He nodded, smiling at her. She was far from stupid, and in the end using simpler terms worked perfectly. She'd still have to remember the more scientific one, for it was usually asked in test and beside he was paid to teach them just that. But it could come later, when she got the main idea.

"it's exactly that."

He then caught himself staring as she nibbled on that pen. He didn't really knew why, he just felt like looking at it. She had nice lips, too. Though he was his teacher and wasn't supposed to think anything of her lips, he still could appreciate beauty when he saw it, no?
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:07 pm

"Oh, and what else would be included in that, sir? I mean, aside from that, I don't really understand most of the terms in the book..." She pulled the pen from her lips again and wrote a few terms she didn't understand on the paper. When she finished writing all those, though, she went back into habit again, and sighed.

"I only know what the whole concept is, but I'm not so sure about these terms..." She had done a lot of reading for this course, yet there were just some words that she couldn't place, despite the help of her dictionaries. She twisted the pen with her fingers and put them on the table, realizing she slipped into habit again. She hoped he didn't notice, since it was something girls like her shouldn't do at her age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra economical class[Louisa]   Extra economical class[Louisa] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extra economical class[Louisa]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Academy W :: The School :: The Classrooms-
Jump to: