World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Academy W

A forum where Hetalia fans can join together to rp their favorite nations in an AU, high school setting. Loosely based on the Gakuen Hetalia game.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAffiliate: FF
------------- Welcome to World Academy W, the academy of ambiguous location where all your dreams will come true~! Or perhaps none of them. It really depends how lucky you are. -------------
Make sure you check The Noticeboard for news about Cultural Day!

Economical and Social Studies

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Michel Servaz

Michel Servaz

Economical and Social Studies Empty
PostSubject: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Michel wasn't the kind of guy who usually got nervous. However, as he opened the door to the empty, dark classroom, he felt a little twist in his stomach. He has studied and got that diploma because he was told he was good in class. He mostly came here to learn about the world... And teaching was just the little annoying thing he had to do. He wasn't even sure he would like it. He liked kids but yeah, he wasn't sure teaching them economics was the funniest thing ever.
He sighed, shrugged the odd, unusual feeling off and switched the light open. He stared at the classroom and decided to reorganize it. He thought that, maybe, if it was in a big ā€œUā€ form with his desk on the open end, it would feel a bit more familial... That was the kind of stuff students away from they place needed, he decided.
He rolled up the sleeve of his homemade sweater-with the wool he sheared himself off the sheep-and started moving some desks right away, throwing his little folder on the teacher's desk he was supposed to sit at. He now just had to wait for his students to come. Hoping they wouldn't be too weird for his standards. He actually didn't cared at all about the ruckus he was making by moving the desk around like they were some bale of hay.
Back to top Go down
Dae Hyung Im
He's watching you from somewhere and laughing.
Dae Hyung Im

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Dae Hyung quickly gathered his books from his dorm and walked down the hallway towards Michel's class. He hoped he wasn't late, and his definition of late was being on time. He hated not getting there early, because that meant less time to get ready before class started. He wondered how this class was going to go, because as far as he knew, Michel was the standard type of teacher, no-nonsense, and willing to put even the most important students in detention if they acted out of line. Dae Hyung hoped that would make the class less hectic and stressful.

Looking at the room before him, which was supposed to be where the class was taking place, he heard noises, almost like moving chairs or desks. Knocking politely on the door, Dae Hyung opened the door slowly to find Michel moving all of the desks into some sort of formation. "Um, Michel..? Do you need some help with that..?" He didn't know what Michel was planning, but the least he could do was help. It wasn't fair to let Michel move the desks around himself while he just watched. Besides, Dae Hyung knew he was at least strong enough to move desks after working the life he had.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
I'm a rich, spoilt Russian boy with a penchant for sexual harrassment - what's not to like?
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Ivan tilted his head curiously as he heard strange sounds coming from inside the room. He was pretty sure this was the right room. He walked over to the door and saw another boy standing there too. Ivan peered inside the room, easily able to see over the shorter boy's head, to see what was going on.

It was that man who was after his sister who was teaching this class... But Michel had seemed pretty nice the other night when he comforted Ivan, so the Russian was perhaps willing to give him a chance. He smiled widely in his usual friendly way and walked past Dae Hyung into the room properly.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

Birthday : 1992-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 pm

Louisa panicked as she ran down the hall; she had overslept, and now she was going to be late for class! She grabbed her schedule and double - no, triple - checked her schedule, and when she was sure her first class was going to be Economical and Social studies, she looked for the right classroom along the hall.

It wasn't too long before she found her classroom, and she was shocked to see that her instructor was still busy preparing for the class. She looked at her watch again and sighed; she wasn't late, at least. Without even bothering to straighten herself up, she ran to a chair and put her knapsack on it, then she smiled to everyone else in the room. "Good day, Sir! Hello everyone.."
Back to top Go down
Michel Servaz

Michel Servaz

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Michel was glad to be busy with the desk. At least he wasn't thinking about that little nervousness he was still feeling. He stopped working a few seconds when he heard that nice Asian student, Dae -...was it? Yes, it was Dae, should be something like that...- asking him if he needed some help. And even though he was used to that kind of work, help was always welcomed. Plus that kid showed him the place a little and had been nice, even if he himself might have been rude.
He was aware he could hurt some people with his lack of knowledge on some part of the world, but he also assumed it wouldn't be too bad, since everyone here came from a different place and they needed to accept everybody wasn't like them. Which he himself tried to apply. But he was starting to daydream and wasn't supposed to do it.
He smiled brightly at the Korean, noticing his body went automatically back to work while he was thinking, and was about to answer that yes, help would be nice indeed, when he noticed the other kid coming in.
He recognized him as his new friend Yekaterina's brother. He was a fine kid in his opinion, a bit too cuddly maybe, but once again he was a bit depressed last time. He smiled at him too, pushing the desk he was carrying in the right place, and answered.

ā€œHello you two. And thanks Dae, help is greatly needed here... If you don't mind, it would be nice.ā€

He looked at Ivan too, hesitated a few seconds, before opening his mouth again.

ā€œIf you want, you can help too.ā€

He went to pick up another desk, putting it in place, when a student -a girl, this time- ran inside the classroom and went to sit at a desk. One of those he thought he could have moved too. He could have asked her to work like the others, but it was a girl. He wasn't sure she would be strong enough to carry the desks around too, and he remembered how girls were to be treated with respect. He smiled more softly at her -she wasn't some kind of friend like Dae and Ivan after all- while answering.

ā€œHello miss. If you feel like it, you can help out by moving that desk you're sitting at. Or you could just be nice enough to go sit at another one while we take care of it.ā€

He then noticed the other might not know how to put the desk, so he went to the board, drew a Big ā€œUā€ and pointed at it.

ā€œLike that.ā€

That was, in his mind, the clearest instructions he could give them. He went back to his previous activity, sure they had understood.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
I'm a rich, spoilt Russian boy with a penchant for sexual harrassment - what's not to like?
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Ivan just smiled as if he had never heard the part about helping. He wasn't about to do the work of servants. He would leave that to the people willing to do it. The people who should be servants...

Instead he took a seat at one of the desks that had already been arranged, and looked around the room. He'd never had a class like this, and wondered what it would be like. The description had sounded kind of interesting.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Louisa blinked and stood up immediately when their instructor called her attention, and decided to push the desk to the formation that was already made. However, it really was too heavy for her body, and she barely pushed it two meters ahead before she paused and panted slightly.

It was then when she saw the huge man nearby, who was just sitting idly. She scowled; she really didn't like spoilt brats, and she was sure he was one. Maybe she should let him help her; after all, he was bigger than her. "E-excuse me, but can you help? We could start earlier if more would work..." She wasn't afraid of him, even though he looked like a scary bully.

((guh typing on phone sucks))

Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Ivan looked at the girl, a slightly confused look apparent in his eyes. "That is not the sort of thing that people like me should do."

(I hear that! *On mum's iPod*)
Back to top Go down
Dae Hyung Im
Dae Hyung Im

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Dae Hyung nodded at Michel's instructions, and walked inside to help move the desks. He watched as Ivan simply sat at one of the already moved ones while the new girl tried to move the desk she was sitting at. When she asked for help from Ivan, who simply said "That is not the sort of thing people like me should do," Dae Hyung rolled his eyes. He knew Ivan came from a rich family and probably had servants or something to do this stuff for him, but saying that to a lady was just rude.

Sighing, he walked over to her and picked up the desk, glancing at Ivan for a second. "Let me do it, Ivan's just...like that...." he muttered before moving it into the U formation like Michel wanted. Dae Hyung didn't like Ivan's attitude, but he knew that it was that attitude and the his family's status that allowed him to command such power in the school. Knowing it was best not to get on the Russian's bad side, Dae Hyung didn't say anything more and concentrated on the task on hand.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:37 am

She gave an indignant huff and turned her back on the arrogant Russian; she didn't want her day to start wrong and she shouldn't get in a fight or argument on her first day or else she will have bad luck until the rest of the semester. The Korean boy - or so she thinks - walked over and pushed her desk for her, and she decided she could ignore that big meanie for the rest of her life.

Since she couldn't really push the desks too much, she settled for fixing those that were already in the formation, making sure that there was enough space between the desks to make sitting comfortable. She put her knapsack on a vacant desk near the center of the formation and away from the Russian, but she didn't sit down. Instead, she stood idly in front of her desk, eyes surveying the classroom and lips curled up, smiling for no reason at all.
Back to top Go down
Michel Servaz

Michel Servaz

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Michel looked at the working students a little, still doing his share, and kept on eye on the young girl and Ivan during their little discussion. He was thankful to Dae for going to help and avoiding an argument.
Once the classroom looked like what he wanted, he smiled at Louisa who was apparently as satisfied as him if her smile was anything he could use as an indication, and went to sit on his desk, not seeing why he should use the chair when it was easier this way.
He then cleared his throat a little to sound like a real teacher, now that the lesson was about to start.
"So well, Hello students, the one still standing can sit down... except you."
With that he pointed at Louisa, not in a menacing way, not willing to make her believe she misbehaved.
"I think I could know my student's names and I don't know yours so I'll just need you to introduce yourself before you sit."
He was smiling softly as he said that.
Once this would be done, it would seriously begin.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Ivan smiled widely as the lesson began, excited. He hoped this class would be fun. He was glad that it wasn't himself who'd been put on the spot like Louisa.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:34 am

Louisa blinked and smiled, convinced that her teacher wouldn't eat her if she sounded odd or made a mistake. However, it would be awkward to look like a fool in front of her classmates, who didn't seem to be as friendly as she wanted her first classmates to be. Realizing that she would have to grow up and be a little formal in this class, she stood straight and looked at her classmate - only the Korean one, since she decided to ignore the meanie - and then her teacher before introducing herself.

"My name is Louisa Concepcion Garcia, 2nd year transferee from the Philippines," she said with the most confident voice she could muster and smiled again as she sat on her desk; after all, that was all an introduction needed, right?
Back to top Go down
Dae Hyung Im
Dae Hyung Im

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:48 am

Dae Hyung quietly picked up his bag from the floor and sat at the seat besides Louisa after Michel had told him to sit down. He realized there were only 2 other people besides himself in the classroom-Dae Hyung hoped that the others were just late and it wasn't just the three of them. Having only three people for a whole class seemed a bit small, especially since one of them was Ivan. Of course, if it really was just the three of them, well then he'd just have to get used to it.

He noticed Louisa looking briefly at him and then at Michel before introducing herself as a transfer student from the Philippines. In a low voice, Dae Hyung was never one to talk much, he introduced himself to Louisa. "Annyeong, Louisa. I'm Dae Hyung..." he said with as much of a friendly tone as he could muster. He only hoped that was good enough; he never had the need or skills to really socialize with people other than his family.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:59 am

When Dae Hyung introduced himself, Louisa couldn't help but smile, happy that she knew another person in this strange academy. At least he wasn't rude, unlike that - Okay, she didn't have to hold a grudge against that meanie. She just had to pretend he didn't exist. "Hello, Dae Hyung," she replied in a friendly, informal tone, and she stretched her hand out to him. "I'm quite pleased to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Ivan looked at the girl intently, his friendly smile in place, but his eyes fiery.
"I do not think you should ignore someone like me, Louisa. I am much more important than you after all~ I do not appreciate your attitude. Maybe if you try again, you can get it right!"

Oh, how he wished he could punish misbehaviour amongst his classmates like he could the servants back home... It was only what they deserved for showing him such disrespect...
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:08 pm

Louisa had to stop herself from rolling her eyes and glaring at him. She hated people who thought they deserved respect without respecting others. "If you think you are so important, why are you bothering with a nobody like me in the first place? There must be others whose respect would be THAT important too, I believe." He was bringing out her true colors; she didn't like it at all.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Ivan narrowed his eyes. "I am not trying to show you disrespect like you seem to think... I do not like being talked to like this."
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:42 am

Louisa may be stubborn, but she figured that arguing further would do her no good at all, and she decided to keep silent, not bothering to reply to him anymore. She waited for their teacher to start, hoping it would also stop the other man from annoying her any further. He did not want to be talked like that; well, he gets what he wants after all.
Back to top Go down
Dae Hyung Im
Dae Hyung Im

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Dae Hyung smiled politely back at Louisa as she offered him her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, too," he replied back as he shook her hand. He hoped that maybe this class wouldn't be so bad if there was someone else besides Ivan here. Then the arguement started. It wasn't really much of an arguement, per se, but it still unnerved him. Ivan was getting pissed, and that wasn't a good thing. At least Louisa was trying to avoid a confrontation. Dae Hyung honestly hoped that Michel would start the class early just to stop the two from fighting.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:46 am

Louisa kept silent and only gave a brief smile to Dae Hyung before she stubbornly stared at the board. She didn't have to talk back at Ivan, and she was hoping he wouldn't bother her anymore. For all she cared, he wouldn't even be existing in this room. She didn't care at all, she chanted to herself. He was a meanie, and it wouldn't be nice to pick a fight with him..
Back to top Go down
Lee Ter Min

Lee Ter Min

Birthday : 1994-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:45 am

Lee bolted down the school corridor, ignoring the irritated glares directed her way when she accidentally shoved against those who stepped into her path. She never did make it a habit to be late, much less for class. Just the thought of the teacher reprimanding her in front of everyone spurred her on to run faster.

Dammit, she would have to re-pot her african violet after class. Self-disgust clouded her eyes as she remembered the hurried - and hence, botched - job she did on her plant. Thankfully she did not have to spend the extra time trying to clean dirt from under her fingernails because of the gloves she wore during the process.

Skidding to a stop outside the classroom, she paused to take a few quick breaths and straighten her hair, which was thankfully still in a ponytail. She knocked on the door to signal her presence and poked her head into the class, taking in the rearranged desks.

"I'm so sorry! I'm... late..." she trailed off as she noticed the tension in the room.
Back to top Go down
Louisa Garcia

Louisa Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:52 am

Louisa was still trying to calm herself when she saw another girl enter the room. Unable to hold back a smile, she grinned in glee at the newcomer. At least another girl was present, and she wouldn't have to deal with the really annoying meanie...

She gave a brighter smile at the girl and looked at the chairs beside her; she would be really happy if the other girl would sit by her. Nevertheless, she hoped someone would sit near her so that she can have someone to talk to. The Korean boy didn't seem like a chatterbox, and she didn't even want to think about talking with the meanie, so she needed another person.
Back to top Go down
Lee Ter Min

Lee Ter Min

Birthday : 1994-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:17 am

Lee glanced around the classroom, breathing a sigh of relief when she noticed that only a handful of students were there. Perhaps she wasn't as late as she thought after all. Spotting only one other girl present in the room, she made a beeline towards the empty seat beside her.

"Hi, is this seat taken?" She was a little wary at the way the girl's demeanor changed so suddenly from enraged to smiling happily at her. Maybe she was just happy to have a distraction from that European boy... Wait a minute. Wasn't he the guy featured in every single one of her roommate's pictures? Her jaw dropped as she stared at him.
Back to top Go down
Michel Servaz

Michel Servaz

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:16 am

Michel simply stood where he was, listening to them to try remembering their names. They were young and full of energy for sure. As long as they didn't actually start insulting each other or fist fighting, it was fine. It was the first lesson, he could take it slowly and let them chat a bit to know each other, since first lessons were what it was about usually.
He looked at Ivan a little, wondering how that guy managed to make everyone dislike him or stay away from him in so little time.
He let the late girl coming in -it was her first day, being late on the first day was acceptable- before trying to get his student's attention again, by pointing at said late girl.

"I know the others more or less now, so... well you, what's your name?"

After he did so, he started taking some papers out to give it to his new students. He thought that maybe like that he'd know how to deal with them. The paper was a badly photocopied-yes, he tossed the original carelessly in the machine, which was why the writing wasn't on a parallel line to the paper- version of some handwritten questions, which were:

"1) Where do you come from?
2) Ever studied economy before?
3)Do you know how to use a video recorder?
4)Why did you take that subject?"

Those would be random questions to anyone but him, because he knew exactly what he could do with the answers.
Once he was done distributing, he looked at the new girl again, waiting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Economical and Social Studies   Economical and Social Studies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Economical and Social Studies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next